Coat colour in the house mouse (p.145)
1. 198 grey, 72 albino, 2.75 grey, 1 albino
2. The Albino is recessive as the presence of it is covered by the grey allele. About 25% of them are albino and are in a cross of heterozygotes.
3. GG grey, GG homozygous dominant; The other is: Gg grey, Gg heterozygous, gg albino, gg homozygous recessive
4. The parental phenotypes are grey and albino and yet the parental genotypes are GG and gg. The alleles in the gametes are G and g. The hybrid phenotype is grey and also, the hybrid genotype is Gg. The alleles in the gametes are G and g, as well.
5. The product of white fur and red eyes can be due to lack of pigment being produced. Also because of the mutation in single gene for a protein in the pigment production pathway.